I don’t believe in making resolutions for the New Year. The way I see it, if your really want to make a change in your life, what’s stopping you? Nothing magical about January 1 versus August 14. No denying that it is hard work to put change into practice in the real world when we actually have to be around other people either. They don’t always cooperate with our intentions to be nice(er), or more thoughtful, or to make good choices every day.
But I am a Queen of Benchmarking so I took a look at my last 30 posts and came to a couple of conclusions about this little endeavor:
1. I learned recently (from a blog) that white type on a black ground is 2 things: (1) sign of the newbie blogger and (2) painful on readers’ eyes over the long-term. My posts are not particularly long, which is a good thing as I hope to modestly imply they are neither my life’s work nor yours. But there are so many neat (and free) templates in WordPress that maybe I’ll experiment a bit with the presentation. I also realize that some of you “Take a Nap” on a tablet or via an email subscription so you may have no clue what I’m talking about. Weigh in if you are so inclined (or not).
2. In general, Sunday is the biggest day to “Take a Nap First ” with the highest number of views. Thank you dear readers for making this blog part of your weekend ritual, especially during football season.
3. In a totally subjective breakdown of the posts:
- 8 fall into the realm of “Domesticity” — mostly about laundry or new appliances. Two of these posts were tied for the most comments with 9 apiece: “Laundry Room Taj Mahal” and “Congratulations, It’s a Behemoth.”
- 7 posts I would consider to be “Rants in General” — a blogger’s prerogative
- 5 posts deal with Writing or Books
- 3 are about Death, or rather, “Obits of Interest”
- 3 are about Fashion, after a fashion
So if I were to pigeon-hole myself I’d say I was overly interested in Death, What I Wore, how best to write about it and how to keep it clean.
Again, thanks for stopping by, and have a spectacular holiday doing whatever it is that brings you peace and joy.